Crazy times we live in right now, ey?
The HiPoAF team is using this forced lab-free time to plan ahead: next steps are contemplated, new experimental designs are created, and future publications are discussed. All, of course, solely in a digital manner - which is nothing new to our international consortium. The COVID-homeoffice-situation, however, has taught us that a video conference now and then gives some variety to the usual e-mail and telephone communications and that it is very nice to see your colleagues' faces more often!
Although this crisis has a large impact on our lives, we count ourselves as part of the lucky ones. We are safe and healthy, we can do some work from home, and - at least for now - we are not financially endangered. Other parts of our society, however, have been hit hard. This situation challenges us all (as a society) to be the best version of ourselves that we can be. So let's tackle the beast together: let's each do the best we can to prevent the further spread of the virus and let's all help those that need help the most in these trying times!
If you want to help, check out these websites:
- Solidarity neighborhood help (GER)
- Information on how to help and where to turn to (GER)
- Glückskette (CH)
- Caritas (CH)
- Caritas (AUT)
- Team Österreich (solidarity neighborhood help; AUT)
- #teamnächstenliebe (AUT)
- Charity/volunteer work platform (AUT)
If you want to learn more about SARS-CoV-2 check out those links:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- Keep yourself informed by Dr. Christian Drosten
- Information provided by the respective governments: